The NLTF is a centre point to drive and monitor implementation of the Logistics and Trade Facilitation Masterplan. The NLTF also address issues related to logistic industry raised by the industry players. It is a platform to coordinate logistics matters among agencies and industry players.
The NLTF is chaired by the Minister of Transport and consists of government agencies and industry players as well as academicians as its members.
The Task Force
The Task Force will spearhead and monitor the implementation of the action plans.
Five cluster groups are set up to spearhead the implementation of the Logistics and Trade Facilitation Master Plan.
These cluster groups are categorized based on the action plan as underlined in the 5 Strategic Shifts.
The cluster group will be lead by the following departments / agencies:
- Cluster I: Institutional Mechanism and Regulations is headed by Ministry of Transport;
- Cluster II: Trade Faciliitation Mechanism is headed by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry and the Royal Malaysian Customs Department;
- Cluster III:Infrastructure and Freight Demand is headed by Ministry of Transport;
- Cluster IV: ICT-driven Innovation is headed by Multimedia Development Corporation
- Cluster V: Human Capital Development is headed by Ministry of Human Resources