The following people must notify the AAIB without delay if they have knowledge of an aircraft accidents or serious incidents which occurred in Malaysia:
- The crew of the aircraft;
- The owner of the aircraft;
- The operator of the aircraft;
- People involved in the maintenance, design, or manufacture of the aircraft;
- People involved in the training of the aircraft's crew;
- People involved in providing air air traffic control, flight information services to the aircraft; and
- Staff of the Civil Aviation Authority.