How to report an aircraft accident or serious incident?
Aircraft accidents or serious incidents should be reported to the Air Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB).
Report Air Accident to AAIB MALAYSIA (Form)
** E-mail the form to yahaya[at]mot[dot]gov[dot]my or Faxs: 03-8888 0163
Who must reports an aircraft accident or serious incident?
The following people must notify the AAIB without delay if they have knowledge of an aircraft accidents or serious incidents which occurred in Malaysia:
- The crew of the aircraft;
- The owner of the aircraft;
- The operator of the aircraft;
- People involved in the maintenance, design, or manufacture of the aircraft;
- People involved in the training of the aircraft's crew;
- People involved in providing air air traffic control, flight information services to the aircraft; and
- Staff of the Civil Aviation Authority.
What information to give the AAIB?
The AAIB will need to know as much of the following information as possible:
- The type, model, nationality and registration marks of the aircraft;
- The nemes of the owner, operator and hirer (if any) of the aircraft;
- The name of the commander of the aircraft;
- The date and time (UTC) of the accident or serious incident;
- The last point of departure and the next point of intended landing of the aircraft;
- The number of
- Crew on board and the number killed or seriously injured;
- Passengers on board and the number killed or seriously injured;
- Other persons killed or seriously injured as a result of the accident.
- The nature of the accident or serious incident and the extent of damage as far as is known.